How do I add HōlHōm Smart Plug to my HōlHōm+?
Record the MAC address and Install code for your HōlHōm Smart Plug from the box that it came in or from the label on the back of the Smart Plug.
Plug your Smart Plug into a wall outlet and plug the appliance you want to measure into it. The light will flash red once every 5 seconds to indicate it is not joined to a ZigBee network yet. Press the button on HōlHōm Smart Plug to turn it on and the light will go green, but still flash red once every 5 seconds.
Now follow these steps on the MyEnergate portal to add your device.
- Open a web browser on your computer or tablet with full-screen browser capabilities.
- Enter holhom.myenergate.com into the URL address bar.
- Enter the user name and password.
- Click the “Appliances” tab.
- Click the “Add Device” button.
- Enter the name of the appliance (for example “Home Theatre” or “Refrigerator”).
- Enter the 16 character MAC Address for your Smart Plug you recorded in the previous step.
- Enter the last four characters of your Install Code you recorded in the previous step.
- Click the “Verify” button.
- If your device is not found, make sure you have entered the MAC address and Install Code correctly and try again.
- Click the “Submit” button.
- Click the “OK” button.
- Within 2 minutes you should see the light stop flashing red every 5 seconds on the HōlHōm Smart Plug.
- If you have more than one device, select the one you want from the drop down list.
- Click the “Test Device” button to send a message to your Smart Plug.
- Check your Smart Plug, within 30 seconds you should see the light flash green and red every 2 seconds.
- Click “OK” on your web browser to confirm the test message was sent.
Congratulations, you have successfully setup your HōlHōm Smart Plug on the web portal.