How do I add a HōlHōm Smart Plug to my HōlHōm?
Record the MAC address and Install code for your Smart Plug from the box that it came in or from the label on the back of the Smart Plug.
Plug your HōlHōm Smart Plug into a wall outlet and plug the appliance you want to measure into it. The light will flash red once every 5 seconds to indicate it is not joined to a ZigBee network yet. Press the button on Smart Plug to turn it on and the light will go green, but still flash red once every 5 seconds.
Follow the instruction at http://holhom.com/support/get-started/add-smart-plug/ to connect your Smart Plug to your Smart Meter. Once the Smart Plug is connected to the Smart Meter, the LED will stop flashing red.
Now follow these steps on the MyEnergate portal to add your device.
- Open a web browser on your computer or tablet with full-screen browser capabilities.
- Enter holhom.myenergate.com into the URL address bar.
- Enter the user name and password.
- Click the “Appliances” tab.
- Click the “Add Device” button.
- You need to first add it to the smart meter, select the AMI ZigBee Meter from the Gateway dropdown list
- Enter the name of the appliance (for example “Home Theatre” or “Refrigerator”).
- Enter the 16 character MAC Address for your HōlHōm Smart Plug you recorded above.
- Enter the last four characters of your Install Code you recorded above.
- Click the “Verify” button.
- If your device is not found, make sure you have entered the MAC address and Install Code correctly and try again.
- Click the “Submit” button.
- Click the “OK” button.
- If you have more than one device, select the one you want from the drop down list.
- Click the “Test Device” button to send a message to your HōlHōm Smart Plug.
- Check your HōlHōm Smart Plug, within 30 seconds you should see the light flash green and red every 2 seconds.
- Click “OK” on your web browser to confirm the test message was sent.
Congratulations, you have successfully setup your HōlHōm Smart Plug on the web portal.