I have a heat pump, how do I force my Auxiliary (Emergency) Heat to come on
There are two methods to forcing the auxiliary heat to turn on.
- Put the thermostat in EMERGENCY HEAT mode. This will force the auxiliary heat stage to engage when heating is on.
- Press the button to wake up the thermostat, and press it again to display the main menu.
- Use the button to highlight the MODE & FAN SETTINGS menu and then press the button.
- Use the or buttons to select EMERGENCY HEAT.
- Press the button to move to the fan setting. Use the or buttons to select the fan setting you want to use:
- Press the button to move to the next screen and then press the button to save changes.
- Set a temporary hold while in HEAT mode. The temporary hold will cause the first stage of heating to engage, or if already engaged an additional stage of heating to engage. If available, the Auxiliary heating stage will engage after all available heat pump heating stages have engaged. Note if using an outdoor temperature sensor the Auxiliary heating stage will not be available if the outdoor temperature is greater than the high balance point.