How do I fix the HōlHōm+ connection to my meter?
If HōlHōm+ is not communicating to the Meter Data Collector (MDC) on your meter and receiving your electricity usage:
- You will see HVAC instead of HOME cost per hour in your energy display
- You will see “Offline” on the Home Electricity Consumption page of the MyEnergate Web Portal
First make sure the batteries in the MDC are good and if not, follow the instructions for “LOW MDC BATTERY” warning.
Follow these steps to pair your HōlHōm+ with the MDC. It is best to have a significant electrical load running like your AC, dryer or stove when doing this.
- Press the button to wake up the thermostat, and press it again to display the main menu.
- Use the button to highlight the SETTINGS menu, and then press the
- Use the button to highlight the INSTALLER SETUP menu, and then press the
- Use the button to highlight the METER DATA COLLECTOR menu, and then press the
- Use the button to highlight the PAIR WITH COLLECTOR menu, and then press the
- Use the button to select YES and then press the
- Use the button to enter the installer password.
- Use the or buttons and the ü button to enter the installer password “INST” to validate the changes.
- Go to your electricity meter and press the Reset button on the MDC within a minute of initiating the pairing process at the thermostat.
- The red STATUS indicator starts flashing regularly, indicating that the optical sensor has detected the signal from your meter.
- Within 1 minute, the indicator starts to flash irregularly to indicate that the sensor is reading the meter’s output correctly.
- At the thermostat press the $/ábutton until you see the Energy screen. If the pairing is successful, within a few minutes, you will see “HOME COST PER HOUR” with values greater than $0.00 and 0.00 kW.