Why is my auxiliary (emergency) heat not coming on for my heat pump?
If your auxiliary (emergency) heat is not coming on follow these steps to put in in EMERGENCY HEAT mode.
- Press the button to wake up the thermostat, and press it again to display the main menu.
- Use the button to highlight the MODE & FAN SETTINGS menu and then press the button.
- Use the or buttons to select EMERGENCY HEAT and press the ü button to move to the fan setting.
- Use the or buttons to select the fan setting you want to use.
- Press the button to move to the next screen and then press the button to save changes.
- Press the $/ button to return to the thermostat home screen.
- Use the p button to set your heat temperature (it must be higher than the current temperature to engage the auxiliary heat.
The flame icon should be animated now and you should feel hot air blowing through your vents in a few minutes. If it does not work, follow these steps to check your wiring and equipment.
- Remove HōlHōm from the mounting bracket and make sure the “W1 (E)” wire is securely connected.
- Check the wiring at the auxiliary heat to make sure the “W1 (E)” wire is securely connected.
- Check to make sure your filter is not blocked, if it is replace it.
- Contact an HVAC technician to verify your auxiliary heater is working correctly.
If this does not resolve the problem, report the problem to support.